Monday, June 14, 2010

Video Journal Prompt #1

I plan on using this Youtube video as my first journal prompt of the semester next year. I chose this prompt because I believe it will capture the interest of my students while simultaneously showing the importance of education in our world today.

After students watch the video, I am going to ask them to respond the the video - what are they thinking, feeling, believing.  After they have finished, I am going to pose the following three revision questions:
  1. How many sentences do you have in your paragraph?
  2. What are the three main supporting ideas in your paragraph?
  3. What is the topic sentence of your paragraph?
From here, I will guide students with a discussion on these three areas in writing.  At the end of the discussion, I will allow students to revise their paragraphs and turn in both copies for a participation grade.

Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment